So you have got luscious fruit growing on your fruit trees and are looking forward to getting a good harvest. But you seem to be worried? Could it be the thought of keeping Aphids, fruit flies and coddling moths away? Sure these thoughts have to be as troubling for yourself as they are generally for every gardener, with an orchard. The most certain and also most basic remedy for your troubles lies in organic gardening pest control, which is nothing but a variety of healthy recipes to help keep bugs under control.
These organic gardening pest control alternatives are easily available, remarkably beneficial and straightforward to prepare because they use things which we normally use in our own daily routine. Being organic in nature they’re remarkably helpful for the fruit trees and can in no way harm them like the synthetic pest control remedies normally are inclined to do.
1. Baits and Horticultural Oil – Coddling moths are best handled by using sticky traps and corrugated cardboard. When facing this problem, you are able to take advantage of pheromone baits. Horticultural oil can easily be sprayed on the leaves of fruit trees for dealing with their larvae. This too proves helpful in dealing with spider mites that are yet one more widespread pest disturbing fruit trees.
2. Organic Soap Solution – Sprayed during the evenings, this can be another way to tackle the annoying spider mites that infest the fruit trees during late summer months. Aside from this one may furthermore spay special oil, which again works wonders.
3. Natural Predators – Aphids would be best tackled when left to the mercy of natural predators. Make certain that you have lots of these around that may help you cope with this problem. Lacewings and lady bugs are a few of the good natural predators that can help fruit farmers.
4. Borers are yet one more kind of pests which strike fruit trees. In order to safeguard your trees from their onslaught it is sensible to cover up their trunk. Yet if they have already been infected, which will be apparent from tell-tale indicators as wilted stems and stiff bark, inject the stems with nematodes. This helps wipe out the remaining larvae. It’s advisable to pull off the badly afflicted stems.
5. Oriental fruit moths are still another nuisance that fruit growers routinely face. To expose their larvae and do something about them it’s helpful to till the soil around the affected trees.
The most beneficial method to protect your fruit trees from bugs is to accomplish it naturally. You may be very impressed with the final results.