If you have been stung by a honey bee, you know it, well, stings. In addition, you almost certainly know that, once stung, you will need to take out the stinger and also apply a cold compress. But do you also understand that –
1. You can decrease your chance of getting stung by simply wearing light-colored clothing.
2. Bananas and banana-scented toiletries in particular attract bees.
3. Bees tend to be especially active during the warmest hours of the day.
4. Bees discharge a chemical when they sting an individual, that signals and also attracts more bees.
5. Very poor individual hygiene will attract bees, and perspiration can even anger them.
6. A bee sting comes with a small risk of a tetanus infection, since their stingers puncture your skin.
7. Bees can only fly about 15 mph.
8. Bees are actually the only insects which produce food consumed by human beings.
9. Bees have existed more than 30 million years.
10. Bees need to visit about two million blossoms to make just one pound of honey.